Jobs and the Economy
- Stimulate economic development with the creation of more private sector jobs
- Offer incentives to small businesses looking to compete internationally
- Support job-creation programs
- Support The President’s plan to allow withdrawals from retirement funds with lesser penalties
- Support The President’s plan for 90-day bans on home foreclosures
- Support community development organizations which create jobs in areas where economic development is nonexistent
- Support the consumer’s “Credit Bill of Rights”
- Close the gender wage gap for Illinois Women
- Support economic expansion through tax-rate reductions
- Support more regulation of health care, not a total overhaul
- Support creation of a health care program affordable to all
- Require insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions
- Work to lower prescription drug costs in the United States
- Improve and protect Medicaid
- Provide health care options to unemployed
- Promote medical malpractice reform
- Provide health care tax credits to small businesses providing insurance to employees
- Reduce troop levels in Iraq
- Increase troop levels in Afghanistan
- Open channels of communication with “less than cooperative” nations only for purpose of promoting UN compliance and world peace
Immigration & Homeland Security
- Believe illegal immigrants should not displace American citizens nor should they burden our health care system
- Believe border security should be improved (without erection of walls)
- Support social audits of government and nongovernmental agencies for the purpose of combating unethical practices
- Ensure that organizations are socially-conscious of the concerns of the employees, investors, stockholder and stakeholders
- Encourage government offices and government agencies to benchmark their ethics and behavior to those of world-class providers of goods and services
- Support funding for safe routes to school
- Evaluate/Assess Effectiveness of No Child Left Behind Program
- Protect funds for pre-college programs, Tech-prep and Perkins Loans
- Protect funding such as the IL MAP grant
- Protect research funding
- Protect National Endowments for the Arts and the Humanities
Energy & The Environment
- End US dependence on foreign oil
- End importing of oil from corrupt countries
- Support The President’s plan to create new “green” jobs
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Invest more money in renewable energy
Abortion & The Death Penalty
- Believe all life is precious and begins at conception (Pro-life)
- Do not believe man has the right to take another person’s life
Amendment II & Gun Control
- Would NOT oppose any legislation that reauthorizes the 1994 law, which sunset in 2004 that banned many types of semi-automatic firearms.
- Would NOT oppose legislation that would ban private sales of firearms at a gun show unless the buyer submits to a background check.
- Would NOT support legislation to repeal the 1996 gun free school zones act.
- Would NOT oppose legislation banning the manufacture, sale or possession of large-capacity magazines (Would support ban of magazine sizes of 200 or greater).
- Would NOT oppose legislation that would take away the right of 18-20 year-olds to possess a firearm.
- Would NOT oppose a ban on .50 caliber firearms.
- Would NOT support a repeal of the 1993 Brady instant check even though I do not support a registration list of gun owners.
- Would NOT oppose any legislation requiring that cartridge casings be “micro-stamped” with a unique identification code.
- Would support a repeal of the Lautenberg Domestic Gun Ban.
- Would support reciprocity legislation for persons allowed to carry concealed firearms.
- Would NOT oppose any legislation mandating that trigger locks be applied to all firearms when not in use.
- Would NOT oppose any legislation requiring firearms intended for self-protection to be locked up when not in use.
- Would NOT support repealing the so-called “sporting purpose” test of the 1968 Act.
- Would NOT support legislation repealing “Veterans Disarmament Act” passed in Congress in 2007.
- Would support legislation to protect the free speech rights of organizations such as Gun Owners of America.